Saturday, January 21, 2012

rays


I am convinced that there's nothing on earth that cannot be cured by a little sunshine.
Lately I've found myself sitting in the sun for a few minutes just to re-energize my battery. I feel like WALL-E.

I am craving the summer sun. I want to be lounging by a pool with some sort of frozen rum drink in hand. Is that too much to ask for?
 

 I want this dumb season to end.
I should tell you how much I despise yellow grass, fallen leaves and bare trees. 
Between the winter and the crazy construction, that yes, is still going on, and a bee hive, our yard looks so sad. I'm a actually a little embarrassed when I dive up to our house. There are holes in the street covered by metal boards, dirt everywhere, bright orange barricades being stored on our lawn, leaves in the mulch (honestly, how do you get it out??) and overgrown hedges.

Good news is, irrigation starts back up this month, our bee hive is getting removed as I type (which means I can finally do yard work in the front without being attacked) and Spring is just around the corner.

ps. I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted until I uploaded these photos and saw my last album was created in December. woops.