Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chicken Alfredo and Sharing Parenthood

Last night I fell asleep on the couch. I was feeling very nauseated and was trying to keep down the chicken alfredo Dave made for dinner.

Now I am not a huge fan of alfredo. Something about white creaming things just screams saddlebags so the idea of spewing alfredo is really unsettling.

*Now let me just note that it isn't the alfredo that made me feel sick. Out of all the alfredo I've had it was the best, Dave and I love the dinners you make me. <3

Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night and went into bed to find the sweetest thing ever. Owyn was sleeping in the nook of Dave's armpit all snuggled up to him. Even in his sleep you can see Dave's protective daddy instinct. And the cutest thing of all they were holding hands.

There's something magical about becoming a parent. It's as if a new part of your brain switches on. There are feeling you've never felt before and thoughts you've never thought before. I love how I get to share this experience with someone I love so dearly. The bond between two who become parents is so precious. We are partners in the most important job in both our lives. And nothing can break this bond.

Not even having to eat chicken alfredo every once in a while.