Thursday, November 4, 2010

Grown- up


Owyn is simply one-of-a-kind, not just to me- because Im his mom, but to many. 
If you know him, you know what I'm talking about. 

Anytime someone new meets him I always get the same responses:
-i don't think kids are cute, but your son is so cute
- i don't like kids, but he's really cool
- i know everyone tells people their kids are so cute, but yours really is the cutest one I've even seen
- i love his hair
- he's so well behaved
- he's just like one of us
-he's so independent 

I'm not kidding, it never goes away. People at work, school, internship, strangers, friends, friends of friend.. and I get a lot of "my friend or mom or whomever looks at your blog and thinks Owyn is the cutest thing".

Am I bragging too much?
Well, I am proud. And I can't take all the credit. Not only does he only have half my genes, but you know that saying, it takes a village to raise a child. Everyone in his life has contributed to who is becoming and I thank them all for doing so. We've got a great group of family and friends.

I started putting Owyn on a boosty at the table instead of using his highchair. 
He loves it. I think it makes him feel more grown up and respected.
If I've learned anything from my mother (which I have, many), its that kids who get respect give respect. These are the things that I think make him act "just like us". Cause it's true, he does act just like us, because we treat him that way. I've never done the baby talk with him and Dave is so good at reading a explaining things, he never dumbs it down.

Over the past month Owyn has changed so much, I can hardly believe it.  First of all, he's grown a ton and is finally fitting in his right size clothing for once in his life. Also, he's become a genius and wants to talk about and show you all the stuff he knows. He's really growing up fast and it's starting to hit me. 

We've started talking about pre-schools.
We really want him in a private school. Ive started researching and talking to numerous professionals about the topic. Anytime I ask someone who is very well educated (professors for instance) or who are educators themselves what they would/do for their children, they quickly respond with private/independent. I've also been doing a lot of research about the no child left behind. It's become the main topic of discussion. Even with customers at work. Whenever I see families with children I always ask 1.) what they do for education and 2.) how much they like the age difference in their children. I should probably start some studies and get them published. 

Instead, Ill wait till another time and tell you all about my findings on 
1.) education 
2.) age difference in siblings

Thanks for spending your time reading my thoughts about how wonderful Owyn is. 
And thanks for sharing your liking in him.