Monday, June 13, 2011

Steak > Chicken




I had a problem with dinners last week. 
Out of nowhere Dave decided he doesn't like chicken. 
We have chicken 4-5x a week. This is a problem. 
Who on earth doesn't like chicken?
And I've been cooking for this man for years now and he's just telling me this? 
His reasoning is exactly this: steak > chicken. 
What a weirdo. 

Chicken only appears once (or twice, I can't help it! it's chicken!) in this weeks meal plan. 
He said it's okay if its in something or has sauce, so I think I added it into a salad. 

Tonight we had kabobs with a penne salad. 

Kabobs:
organic beef 
zucchini 
red bell pepper 
mushrooms 
Penne Salad: 
penne 
raw asparagus 
raw green bell pepper 
cherry tomatoes 
arugula
ricotta cheese 
red wine vinigar 
olive oil
pine nuts 

The salad was really good. Easy, simple and healthy. Just the way I like my meals. 
I got the recipe inspiration from this months issue of Martha's FOOD magazine page 83, but I changed a few things.