Monday, December 21, 2009

I've been robbed.


For as long as I can remember, I have held the title "beauty",
and Whitney, "cutie" by Grandma Irene.

When I picked up my lovely older sister Whitney from the airport last week, I didn't recognize her. Sitting and waiting for her in the tiny little terminal three at Sky Harbor I had my eyes peeled on the arriving passangers. I saw a woman walking with a old man and I thought "is that Whitney?". No, no. It couln't be. But then, that woman gave a big dimpled smile and waved. Then I realized that it was in fact my sister.

She has always been beautiful. But over the past 5 months that she has been attending grad school in Nashville, she has completely transformed into a women. She strutted up in he "sexy' tights, high heeled boots, long flowing blond locks and painted nails.

I have officially been robbed of my "beauty" title.

I don't really see myself as a "cutie".
I think the only title left that fits me well is "tootie".