Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I used to love rain storms.

And then we bought this house. 
And now a rain storm means loads of cleaning up to do. 

We are pretty OCD about our patio. I don't know why, but we are. We clean that thing off more often than we clean our floors. 


I am also OCD about our windows. I hate having dirty splotchy windows, it makes the whole house feel dirty.Last week Owyn and I went on a cleaning spree and I cleaned the windows inside and out. Cleaning our windows SUCK because they are 60 years old and are actually 20 little windows that make up 1 big one ( okay, that's probably not explaining it well, but you can see what I mean in the photos) so it takes 20x longer to clean. I have a method that works really great now, after trying different things. I spray it all down and then take my carwash glove, dip it in a bucket of dish soapy water and scrub the windows, then I spray them down again and squidgy. After everything is dry I go over then with a micro fiber cloth and Windex or rubbing alcohol. You see, I take it pretty seriously. And it takes forever! I used up an entire nap time cleaning windows. And you wanna know what? It rained 3 days later and now I have dirty splotchy windows again. 
Awesome.