Thursday, November 10, 2011

Peace and Freedom

Last night I read this incredible post by Jennifer

I bawled my eyes out. I can't shake the thoughts this post has brought into my brain. And you know what, I don't want to. Occasionally we come across these awful unimaginable stories that hit the pit of our stomach and then we fill our minds with meaningless things to distract us from the evil that is in this world. Because we can. I think we need to know and be aware and not forget. 

Tonight as Dave and I were discussing the bible and new things we've learned or discovered, as we do every night, I told him about this post. And bawled my eyes out again. It really makes us realize how a.) incredibly blessed we are to be born with so much opportunity and b.) how we need to use these blessings and opportunities to serve the Lord. 

Then I came across these two verses:

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
 John 14:27

The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

Jennifer is such an inspiring woman. I want to have the strength that she has to go to such a dangerous and unfamiliar place for the love of God and his people. What a blessing it must be to for these young girls to have someone like her to devote themselves to give them hope, peace and freedom.  

I know that by prayer, I too can obtain the strength that she has been given.
Thank you Jennifer for doing what you do and sharing it with all of us.

Please go visit Jennifer if you are not already a follower. 

For another inspiring faith blog that I love check out: 

xoxo