Monday, January 24, 2011

Buffet + Skee-ball + Children = Sickness!


This weekend I had one of those ticks to get out of the house and do something fun. 
There's not a whole lot of options when you have an 18 month old crazy child. So, Saturday night we went to Amazing Jake's. I was hesitant but I really wanted Owyn to have a good time. We were totally ripped off, ate a nasty buffet and were run over by angry greedy little children. All around it was classic good family fun. (It actually was). We took Owyn on the carousel and the train and he loved them. He kept a half-grin on his face and made a continuous high-pitch "eeeeeee" while the ride was running. I was crying in laughter it was so funny.

Last night (Sunday) I went to dinner with some friends and had a great night. Then, I woke up at 2am and began vomiting my guts out. It was the most hard-core sickness I've ever experience. So hard-core my hangy-ball thing in my throat (whatever that thing is called) was so inflamed I couldn't swallow all day today. Thank goodness Dave stayed home from work today to take care of Owyn. As if being sick all night without any sleep wasn't enough, I am now experiencing symptoms of a sinus infection. Wow body, what perfect timing with it being the beginning of the semester and my new job. Way-to-go immune system!

This is why I hate places like Amazing Jake's or any where else children come to fester. 
Yes, I am pointing all of my blame on that place. So shoot me! 

By the way, what's with parents bringing their sick children out? 
It's really starting to annoy me. 

As much as I'd like to (and have already) complained, we really did have a good time.