Sunday, January 23, 2011

Night at the Museum

Friday night was another opening reception at MCA.
This one was for the 32nd Annual Craft Exhibit and was my first time setting up the layout. 
There's nothing I enjoy more (work wise) than de/installing exhibition. Taking down art, running condition reports, packing it up, patching/painting walls, unpacking art, setting up layout and installing. I love all of it. Even if I only had the chance of doing it without getting paid (which is what I do now), I would and be as happy as a clam.

My Grandma N and Great Grandma J surprised me Friday night by showing up to the opening. I was so happy, I almost cried. Literally. That day I was feeling so sorry for myself that none of my friends or family ever comes to the openings. Not only because people aren't coming to see me, naturally, but also because it's sad to see that some people just don't care about something I'm so passionate about. Dave and Owyn also came and that made me feel very special.