Monday, March 14, 2011

Date Night

Dave and I had a smokin' hot date night on Saturday. 
We went to a CD release party that was awesome. It reminded me of the old days. 
For you who are new to the blog, you might not know that Dave is an incredibly talented musician. Until Owyn was born he was in 2 great bands. I used go out to see him play every weekend. Even when I was pregnant. I love going out and being reminded of what it was that brought us together. We have such a good time together. 

We fell in love with two bands we've never seen before Paper Bird and March Forth Marching Band. Paper Bird was incredible and March Forth was the most entertaining band I've ever seen. Ever. They had sexy dancers that got the entire crowd shakin' their thangs (including us of course!) and men on stilts! Stilts!The headliner was Dry River Yacht Club. Click on my links and check them out! You'll love them... if you can appreciate great music. 
 (Droid pics)

I I left my memory card at home so I wasn't able to take pics with my camera while we were out but we did take some silly ones when we got home. I especial love this one because I look like I'm wasted but I'm not at all, only super exhausted and Dave caught me at just the right moment while makin a Trader Joe's pizzzza. I had two Blue Moons and it was glorious.

(I was hesitant about even posting this "wasted" pic but I had to just to get a rise out of my dad. I'll be expecting a call at any moment now...)

I took two right after to prove my eyes weren't stuck like that 

Sometimes I feel bad that Dave was instantly sucked out of the whole "scene" and given a bunch of responsibilities. But most times I think, dang he's a lucky guy to have everything he does, like me! ha! He is slowly starting to record on his own and once I'm done with school he will be able to devote a lot more time to it. Hopefully. 

When we were on our way home I asked him,

"does it make you sad to go out and see all those people still playing shows when you're not?"

and he responded,

"no because I watch Owyn grow up everyday and that's way better. I'd tell people that, but they just wouldn't understand." 

Being a parent myself, to the same kid non the less, I knew exactly what he meant. And then we went on and on about all the awesome things Owyn does. Like how me pops my back like his daddy does. He even counts to three before he pushes. It's hilarious.