Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fail Proof Toddler Snacks

Howdy. I still don't have pictures from the weekend, but I do have pictures of food! 

Did you know that we have a hard time getting Owyn to eat? It's true. He never wants to eat. He only wants to play Dave is pretty serious about not giving Owyn sugar. Sugar is a parents worst nightmare! Owyn doesn't even get juice. He eats lots of fruits and vegetables but doesn't drink juice. Last week my grandma picked up Chick-fil-a for everyone at my house and Owyn got a kids meal with an apple juice. He was in heaven. Last week I bought him some toddler apple juice, but I add the same amount of water to it. He doesn't know the difference. To him, its better than water! We both win.

Because of our little problem, I've compiled a selection of fail proof snacks. The ones that Owyn will eat if he's hungry or not.

     
 
       
 
1. raisins (I tell him it's candy and he believes me) 2. cereal bars 3. raw trail mix 4. kids cliff bar 5. pickles 6. edamame 7. brie cheese (when he's feelin' fancy) 8. hard boiled eggs.

Oh, the life of a tod. It must be so difficult.