Monday, March 28, 2011

Lovely weekend

This weekend was kinda crazy. 
When the week ended I told myself and Dave that I have to work on school.
So what happened this weekend? Well, we woke up Saturday morning, I made breakfast and we started cleaning. I cleaned the entire house while Dave and Owyn took care of the yard. After I was done with the inside and Owyn was fed and put down for a nap, I joined Dave outside and we gutted our side yard. 

Yeah, you remember, our jungle?

The one that used to look like this: 

Well, now it looks like this: 

This is what progress looks like! Now we just need to dispose of the trimmings.
There was a huge dead tree that was laying directly across the water path for our irrigation (it blew over in the last big storm). The tree was so heavy Dave had to saw it into pieces and move it aside.


 After we got to a good stopping point, we moved to the front yard and trimmed everything. Our house doesn't look as abandoned anymore. It's great. The rest of the day I avoided schoolwork.

Sunday I was really bad. I went to work until 2 and then we went to a friend's daughters birthday party and stayed way than we intended and then our friends came home with us and we sat around chatting, drinking and watching movies. Before I knew it is was 11pm, the weekend was over and I didn't do an ounce of what I needed to do. I suck. 

Do you ever get so stressed out that you can't get yourself to do the things you need to? I'm about there right now. Today I took Owyn and the dog into the back yard to preoccupy them while I studied. 

This is about the time I was contemplating "accidentally" letting Mitzi out:

ugh, that dog drives me nuts sometimes. especially when she has gas.

Back to work.. 
If I don't post much this week, it's because I found motivation deep within me.