Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Salad

It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe. I figured I would start doing one once a week since I am always trying and creating new ones. And many of my readers like trying recipes I post. Surprisingly.

I found this recipe from Martha Stewart everyday food. I added cilantro just because we love cilantro and chicken to make it a meal.

It was delicious and a great meal for me since I've been suffering with heart burn every night.



  • 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2-inch strips
  • 2 cups fresh corn kernels
  • 1/4 cup cilantro
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper

  1. In a bowl combine the romaine, corn, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes.
  2. Add 3/4 cup of avocado. Place the remaining avocado in a blender along with 1/3 cup water, lime juice, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper.
  3. Pour dressing over the salad; toss gently.