Thursday, July 23, 2009

Truly Blessed



This is Owyn Joseph G.
He was born July 21 at 6:51pm.



He is the best baby. I never knew they came this good. Or cute.
He doesn't cry a single bit. Nothing bothers this kid.
He is so alert (when he is awake) and has the pretiest eyes that observe everything.
Only problem- he'd way rather sleep than eat.



I was truly blessed with a perfect child bearing body.

We checked into the birthing center Monday night to be induced. They put medication on my cervix to soften it and sent us to bed. At 7am Tuesday morning the doctor stopped by to break my water and put me on Pitocin to speed up my contractions.

Unfortunately it was taking a while and Owyn's heart beat was dropping with every contraction so they stopped the meds for a while. After a couple hours they started it back up and he seemed to be doing better.

But.. the contractions were still too far apart and I was staying at 6cm so we started talking about having a C-section.

The doctor gave it a little bit of time and the next time they checked my cervix I was 10cm and Owyn's head was starting to pop out!

(Side note- Epidurals are the best thing in the world! I didn't feel a thing and had serious giggles during the entire labor.)

The doctor came in and I only had to push through 5 or 6 contractions and my precious angel was laying on my tummy.

And that night after delivery Dave let me sleep through the entire night and handled the baby and the nurses all on his own.