Sunday, August 23, 2009

1 Week to Rest

This weekend has been the most tiring weekend of my life. Not even exaggerating.

Friday night Owyn decided sleep was not his thing. So he didn't do it. This was surprising because he's been giving us 4 hours of sleep at night lately.

I woke up Saturday feeling like i had been hit by a bus. I literally felt like I could not get out of bed. I had the worst headache of my life and every muscle in my body was sore. But duty called. I had to get up, be a mom and finish my finals from the classes I was taking this summer. Owyn continued to stay awake. The longest he slept was 1 hour at a time.

Once 6 o'clock rolled around I was finally finished with my finals, still feeling like crap and Owyn was still awake and being a butt head. I took his temp to make sure he wasn't sick, but it was low even though he felt so warm. I took my own temp just to make sure the thermometer was working correctly and shockingly it was 100.9. Once I saw that number I knew I was not just feeling crappy because I tired. There was something wrong.

By 8 o'clock my temp. was 103.4. I have never even had a temp this high. I called the doctor and he advised me to go to the ER. I got myself in the car, leaving my family safe from germs at home. (Word of advise, Scottsdale Health Center has the quickest ER!)

I went in and they immediately started a ton of tests. They took like a gallon of blood, performed a complete "womans" exam + a pleasant biopsy, stuck in a catheter, swabed my nasal cavity for the flu, and did an abdominal U/S as well as a vaginal. Sooo not fun. Sometimes it really sucks being a woman. I thought the painful stuff ended after delivery.

Luckily I had my grandmother there with me who always seems to make me feel better. Who better to have with you than your mother's mother when your mother cant be there?

By around 1am all of the tests were back and looked great. The doctor gave me a choice of staying and going further into testing or go home and come back if it continues. Of course, I decided to come home to my family.

I got home around 2am, pumped since I was completly full after being away from my infant for that long, fell asleep after 3am and woke up by my hungery baby at 4am. Dave must have been super tired because he didnt even wake up and he was sleeping right next to him. I was sleeping on the couch in the living room and woke up.

I woke this morning and we have been going ever since.

I have delayed my classes till next monday to give myself 1 week of rest. Then it's back to the madness!