Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Recent Crafty Projects

As you could imagine, I've been working on a lot of projects around the house. 
Every weekend that approaches comes with a long list of projects. This house is starting to really come together. We're finally getting things up on the walls and we got a huge rug and couch for Dave's "band room" aka: the family room. I hope I can get all of these projects done before the shower and Owyn's b-day. 

Here are two projects I recently finished:

Doily Wall Art:

My Grandma Nita gave me tons of her mother in-laws doily's, which made me very excited because I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. Now I need to find another purpose for all the extras I have. Aren't doily's the cutest thing?

Crane Mobile:



Last semester in Gallery Exhibitions I worked on an exhibit that was displayed in one of the hall annex' in the main Art building. This was it. It was a lot larger though. Each and every one of these cranes has been made by different individuals of all sorts and every one of them have a wish inside by their creator. And I got to take it home. And Owyn gets to enjoy this piece of art as he dozes off to dream land. Maybe when he's old enough to understand he can open them to remind him that we all wish for the same things.