Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Essence of Us

(April 08)

One thing I love about Dave is not only how much he adores me, but how obvious he makes it. It took me a while to get used to his affectionate ways, but after realizing what I had, I started to soak it in. He is the guy takes takes your hand and kisses it in public. The guy that tells you how much he loves you at least 5x a day. The guy that catches your eye from across a room full a people and gives you a reassuring look that makes you feel like you're the only one in the room.

Now that the baby is only 8 weeks away I am enjoying every second of it because we don't have much longer until our focus goes elsewhere. I'm trying to do my best to smother him with love and affection.

This journey has already changed our relationship so much. I am interested to see where this new life will take us.

I'm optimistic.

<3