Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wining and Dining

Yesterday was our official anniversary. 
We met ("talked for the first time") at a Halloween party, so Halloween is our unofficial anniversary. 
We celebrate both. 

I know I've already told the story of how we met but here is a short summary-
just because I love it so much:

It was a Saturday night and I went out to dinner with one of my bests (Kylie).  One of my other bests was having a Halloween party but I didn't feel like going. So, I went home after dinner. After sitting around the house for a little while I decided to make up a costume and stop by the party to see what it was all about. At the party a group of friends gathered around in a circle to watch a friend/band member of Dave's play tablas. I sat on the trampoline and watched from above. A ninja dressed in black came and sat next to me. Sais and all. I told him that I didn't like weapons nor ninjas and that he was making me feel uncomfortable. That ninja was Dave. He seemed to think I was very funny. I rambled on about silly things and he stared at me with an intense amount of interest and curiosity and laughed at everything I said. I'm sure I could count the amount of words he said on my two hands. I remember laying back and looking up at the stars. We pretended we were camping. Then we started talking about camping. After our little camp-out it was time for me to leave. And that was it. For a while. 

That next week my friend told me how her friend kept mentioning me and really wanted my phone number but she wouldn't give it to him without my permission. I told her it was okay. And then of course I asked her all about him and heard nothing but pleasant things. It wasn't too long until he called. He called me right after a show he just played with his band Attack of the Giant Squid. We talked for a while and wanted to set up a date but I was about to get my tonsils removed that week. He called and text-ed throughout my entire recovery. I could barely talk and I sounded like a man but he still kept calling.

We finally got to meet up. We put together a puzzle, drank lattes and went on a walk around ASU campus. It was very friendly and he seemed very genuine. He even gave me a kiss on my cheek as he said goodbye. Awww.

 It didn't take long until we fell in love. I can recall the night. 
We were listening to this: 


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Listening to it makes my heart flutter and sends chills all over my body.

------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Ever since then he's been wining and dining me.

Last night's wining and dining took place at the quaint little bungalow style French restaurant

{image via here}

I didn't take any picture because it was too fancy a place to be pulling out my camera and snapping photos. Any place with escargots on the menu is no place for a camera.  We shared a bottle of wine, ate off each others French entree's and devoured a mouthwatering apple tart. It was so romantic. I've eaten a lot of really good meals in my life but this one is in the top 5 hands down. It's probably higher than that.

Check out their menu HERE and go if you ever  have the chance. 
It was the cutest little place.